Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.

I have a XC70 estate - the most trustworthy car I have ever

Customer Question

I have a XC70 estate - the most trustworthy car I have ever owned.
However three days ago on a long journey, the rear window wiper, the car radio and the Sat Nav stopped working,
This is my third Volvo. The Volvo Agent who has serviced my cars for many years have told be the computer needs replacing - at a horrifyingly high four figure sum (UK Pounds
The car has done (94,000 miles) and everything else in the car is in good condition.
There is no mention in the car manual book that cars are subject to computer failing, whatever that means.
Can you advise me the course of action I should take ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
what is computer name ? also based on what fault codes is computer replaced or problem what you having . computers do not fail that much I need to know what problem you have or fault codes from scanner and name of computers they have a lot different types