Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

The fuel door on my V40 is stuck, will not open when I push

Customer Question

the fuel door on my V40 is stuck, will not open when I push it in. I went to use the manual release through the panel in the boot but the plastic cable came off, despite me using little force.How do I open it now, is there a way of prising it open?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can follow where the cable went to and see if where it attached it if you can push or pull it to open it this is usually the best way to do this.This may require removing some paneling to get to it.The actuator sounds like it has failed to need to be replaced which I have seen occur before in the past.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete