Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My '54 s80 D5 offside headlamp has stopped working. I

Customer Question

My '54 s80 D5 offside headlamp has stopped working. I replaced the bulb and when I turn the ignition to the first position, the light comes on briefly but goes off again, turning it to the position or turning the engine on does not cause it to come back on again. In the first position it is only on for a second or so before going off. What can be wrong?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an issue with the bulb control unit/ecu at fault needing replaced or if this is a xenon bulb the bulb igniter can fail and causes this issue here.I would have these checked/tested to locate which is the cause than from there it can be repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Pete but I had to book it in to a garage as I couldn't wait as I need the car for work and both my journeys are done in the dark at the moment.

Your welcome.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with let me know here.

Thanks Pete