Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.

I have an xc70 with a leaking filler neck to fuel tank hose

I have an xc70 with a leaking filler neck to fuel tank hose I've taken the wheel off and the wheel arch cover however there is not enough room to get to remove the clamps etc
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volvo XC70. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
You got lower the tank straps support the fuel tank temporarily then you get better angle to get the clamp out some case if clamp is turned around you must cut carful but most time you can get to the clamp is just not easy . If you drop tank you get that extra room for better angle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK there is one strap along the middle of the tank that is bolted form the bottom of the car is this what you mean
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Enes are you still there? Can I just undo the strap bolt on the front side of tanks and lower it as the back is tricky to get to
I’m here
Those strap hold the tank in place
You can loosen one and take other one all way maybe you can support take both straps then drop little
They should give you more room to
Also please if you press accept button and rate answer positive would be great if you can do that for me also you can follow up anytime after you press accept again if you need more help we stay locked
You can just loosen the front strap easy access bolts and carefully bend the strap