Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a 2002 xc70 d5 estate & the gearbox clunks on

I have a 2002 xc70 d5 estate & the gearbox clunks on occasions mainly when hot & waiting at lights it clonks once after stopping then o.k, car drives well & has had the gearbox oil changed. there are so many opinions out there from sensors, management settings etc but none seem to fit the bill can you advise. Pete.

problem will in valve body if you replace the valve body It will fix almost 99% time that . you can software update to transmission module and than reset shift adaption using Volvo advanced scanner only and perform shift programing test drive also special tool to be used scanner you can try that only before you install new valve BODY

IF YOU CAN PLEASE accept rate answer for me please you can still talk to me after

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What valve body are you referring to & will i need to use a Volvo dealer to update software transmission module etc?
I assume your gearbox is automatic if yes the valve body is part where all shift solenoids mount and let transmission fluid flow to shift correct smooth engaging
Software and shift adaaptaion programing can only be done at Volvo dealer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
o.k. thanks.

if you can please accept the answer THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON WOULD BE GREAT SO I GET CREDIT FROM WEB PAGE THANK YOU

FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW UP AFTER YOU ACCEPT AND RATE THE ANSWER