sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have discovered a split in the fuel filler pipe just above

Customer Question

Hi, have discovered a split in the fuel filler pipe just above the rear suspension carriage. I have a 2002 Volvo XC70 Cross country AWD. Have had a good look and can't see how it can be replaced without dropping the rear suspension and diff carrier.
Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: ??? The filler hose is split, therefore you get a puddle under the car when fuelling, and it doesn't effect the ride.
Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please read my 1st post, yes I am looking at fixing it myself.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Yourmechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question.Thank you very much for trust in justanswer. I'm sorry for any delay. Iam returning to the platform.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
34;I am returning to platform" .... what does this mean and have you read my previos enquiry??

Dear customer, I have read your query. As you said, the problem is just when you're filling up the tank, in any other moment you don't have problems. correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct, visible split in the lower part of the filler hose.

Dear customer, disassemble is not difficult, But it is not do it for the suspension, it is do it for the fuel tank.
Disassembling, replacing and assembling again.

Dear Customer, with this, your query has been clear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it is not clear, my question is what do I have to do to get to the split hose, what and how do I have to remove?

Dear customer, good evening. I am sorry for my delay. I was outside of my office..
Dear customer, when you access below the car, you watch the tank. Aren't you? Did you see the tank screws?
First we are going to wait that the car has a low fuel level. When the fuel indicator shows its level at E, this is to make the disassembling lighter. When you take off the tank be carefull of the hoses that are connected to the tank. Once you put it down, you proceed to change the hose you want, easily.