sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

V70 wont start,the radio comes on but no dashboard lights.It

Customer Question

v70 wont start,the radio comes on but no dashboard lights.It started and then cut out and wont start again. what is causing this?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, what have you tried so far? Do you have clues of problem with the recognition of the keys?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
have tried 3 seperate keys,none of them will work.Central locking is not working off the fob either,radio comes on but no dash lights in fact nothing on the dash lights up. no interior lights or driving or hazard and wont crank

Thank you for your reply. Also have you checked the fuses and the battery? how are they?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the battery is fine,which fuses do i need to check, and where are they located

They are located under the hood near the engine and under the steering wheel near the door, also your model may have anoteher fuse box in the trunk on the left side it is advisable to check them all because any of this fuses can cause the problem.
In the covers of the fuse boxes that you will check, the covers have a legend where you can watch to wish area or system belongs each fuse.
Next is a short video link where the location of the fuse boxes are shown, and can work to you as an example.
If you find some fuse broke or melted proceed to replace it and then if the problem persist it may indicated that the system which the fuse belong is under a short so we need to proceed to check the system to fix the problem.
Have you understood dear customer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCi6ZyVSdv8

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i understand all of that, but what if there are no blown fuses

Sorry for the delay dear customer.
Dear customer, the first thing to do as i said is a revision of the fuses and the battery because they are works that can be done by yourself does not require a technician but if the fuses are correct and the problem persists we will proceed to make a computerized diagnosis to the vehicle , to know the error codes presented and see if the immobilizer is activated, What is the most common to happen. Although there are other types of problems that also you may be presenting and causing your problem. As for example a problem in the communication of current to the computer, a problem in the wire looms or wiring, a problem in the terminals of the battery, of the connectors towards the battery, a problem in the masses or grounds or negative wires of the vehicle etc.
that's why The main thing is to do once the fuses are checked is diagnosis with a scanner, becasue it will save you money and time to sort out the problem as soon as possible.

Have you understood dear customer?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Have you understood dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform.

Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.

Regards, Sebastian.