Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Can you help me please with a problem I have with my 2000

Hi can you help me please with a problem I have with my 2000 Volvo v70 the heater fan inside the car is permintaly on how can I cure this please even when egnition is off it constantly runs
Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Not the engine fan it's the heater fan in the car
Assistant: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've disconnected the battery for tonight till the morning whe more light we removed the unit to see if the switch had shorted but did not appear to be the problem pushed the switch to see if it turned off pulled the switch to see if that worked think I will pull the system out tomorrow and investigate further and replace the switch
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of at the mo only just got her today

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified technician and I will try and help you.

The most likely cause of the problem you have is the heater fan resister pack, this has its own feed and if shorting out internally it can continue to feed the fan even after the ignition is turned off.

The relay is in an awkward position up under the dash near to the heater fan. You should be able to locate it by following the wires back from the blower motor.

The fuse to control the blower is number 3 in the facia fusebox and by removing this the blower should stop.

I hope this helps but do please feel free to ask any further questions.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this will allow me to continue.

I will still be able to answer any further questions even after you have done this.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to be a pain do you mean I have to undo two hex bolts passenger's side to remove front of heater blower ?

Not a pain at all, If you can see the two main wires going into the blower you need to follow them back and up to the resister pack, then its the resister pack you need to unplug / replace.

You may need to remove the glovebox to gain access as it is tight.

Do get back to me if needed, its no trouble.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve much appricated taken the fuse out for now

Ok, do get back if needed.

Steve