CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

The battery drains after a few days on my 2008 C70. I have

The battery drains after a few days on my 2008 C70. I have changed the battery, but that also goes flat.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes, a few days ago
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not doing my own work, but recently spent over £1000 on servicing and replacements, one of which was the self-levelling headlight sensor - could it be that causing the drain?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am a trained motor mechanic, so you can use mechanical terms
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am going to have to go out soon, so hopefully there will be an answer when I return

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Have you tried to carry out a parasitic drain test? The most simple one is to connect the ammeter leads between the + battery lead and + battery post.

You have to turn the car off completely, connect the ammeter, use a clamp to press the bonnet switch in, lock the car and then wait 15-20min. There will be a high drain until the various modules power down. 50mA is the maximum allowed drain with the car completey off. If a drain is found then I will advise you how to carry out further tests to close-in on the cause of the drain.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Welcome. Let me know how you get on. Thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will try the test in daylight tomorrow.

Ok, just leave a reply whenever you can and I will respond.