sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Brake ecu fialer volvo fm9 truck, fm9 260, 05, replased

Customer Question

brake ecu fialer volvo fm9 truck
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: fm9 260
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: 05
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replased brake ecu but stop light still on
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: brake fluid ok dont know when changed
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you performed a diagnostic so far?
If s, could you tell me the error codes?
thanks in advance.

I would like to know why you replaced the ECU? and if you did a computerized diagnosis,if so , did you have error codes concerning a failure in the ABS module?
because I imagine that this was the module you replaced.
I would also like to know the model with which you made the diagnosis to know if it has the appropriate software to enter the ABS module

What happens is that many times this type of replacement will proceed lightly and first it must be a good computerized diagnosis with adequate equipment according to the error codes, an appropriate work should be done because it may simply be a sensor the one that is activating the light at the same time of thebrake system on the dashboard and you should not have replaced the complete module.