sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I currently own a Volvo I have been struck with the storm in

Customer Question

Hi I currently own a Volvo I have been struck with the storm in our area and drove through a puddle was fine driving after but the next morning my car would not start it wouldn’t fire up crank was there but now the crank has now stopped working and I have nothing all my lights are working fine in the headlights ect but still will not start ? Please help
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Under the bonnet fuse at the bottom has a little water on all the lights and everything work just won’t start
JA: What year is your Storm?
Customer: 56 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Storm yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 58 plate sorry
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Iv tried new battery
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How long does it take to get a reply please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have been waiting over an hour ? Is someone going to help me please
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Really!!
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I understand your question The problem is that when the electrical systems of the bulbs get wet it affects a large part of these systems, so I do not recommend that you keep trying to start the vehicle because it generates energy in the circuits which can cause shorts in them.
I do not know when the storm happened but the ideal is to wait 3 to 5 days for the vehicle to dry very well and try to start because if a circuit is wet and you try to start it can cause shorts.

Then dear customer If the vehicle still does not start you should check all the fuses located under the engine compartment and under the dashboard as it is very likely that several fuses have been blown more accurately in the starting system.

If after changing the fuses the problem persists,I would start to worry a little that one of the electronic modules of the vehicle has been damaged since these are very delicate, so if the problem persists I recommend you perform a computerized diagnosis to see if error codes are generated referring to some module burned. It is very likely that it is simply the burning of a certain fuse or there is a high probability that when the vehicle is dried well, the shorts are removed and the vehicle works normally again.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!