Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

RE. Volvo XC40 Momentum D3, Re.Volvo XC40 Momentum D3. I

RE. Volvo XC40 Momentum D3,
JA: What year is your XC60?
Customer: Re.Volvo XC40 Momentum D3.
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a very loud metallic rattle, which seems movement related, coming from the rear of my 2019 XC40. Less than 5,000 miles on the clock.The sound is reminiscent of the rattle I remember from my early Mini's failing drive shaft.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I took delivery, but progressively worsening.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sound seems to be from the rear drivers side.

Hiya

I would suggest that you take the vehicle to your local Volvo Dealer where it can be diagnosed accuratly and probably repaired free of charge seeing as it will still be under warranty!

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello P,.
I am due at the dealership tomorrow for a recall and hoped for a little forewarning. Yes, we are still under warranty, but a little advice might be helpful (forearmed) etc.

Hiya

The slight problem with noises is that it could be anything! Could be a heat sheild, a brake backplate or even something you have picked up down the road wrapped around your hub making a noise!

Unfortunatly noises are impossible to diagnose over a computer! You need to hear them and look at the vehicle for an accurate diagnosis.

Phillip