sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2.4 Volvo auto started hunting when slowing down, put into

Customer Question

2.4 Volvo auto started hunting when slowing down, put into Neutral and it stopped
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Headlights are always on. The Battery is probably not fully charged as it Lay idle for 10 months I jumped it today and drove it 10 miles
JA: What is the model of your '10 Volvo?
Customer: 1999 S80 old shape 2.4 SE auto.
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i know basics, its getting M.O.T on Wednesday. I am sorting it for an old neighbour 83 who is struggling.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no all covered
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you done a diagnostic so far?
also, do you have any indicator lit and what's the mileage?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
98,000 car is 21 years old a red triangle is showing in dash board.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, the indicator that you present is the important indicator of the engine, it is an indicator that when it normally comes out is because you are having a failure that could mean something serious at the engine level, the problem is to know what happened, I would like to know, if in the first place you have access to diagnostic equipment, this indicator lights up when there is an error code that the computer determines as dangerous for its operation, which can cause the vehicle to enter limp mode and disable the ignition to be able to know this error code. Diagnostic equipment may be required, possibly with Volvo software, to access Volvo manufacturer specific codes.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for that
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Happy car now in a volvo garage Thanks

It is my pleasure, please if you have any doubt or new, let me know.
Even after you rate we can keep in touch.
All the best.