sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have v70 t5 service light comes on for a few minuetes and

Customer Question

hi i have v70 t5 service light comes on for a few minuetes and thrn goes off no messages
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no fault found i am using delphi diag
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your V70?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am tech i ve not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i also have volvo s80 d5 2003 i have message anti skid service reqiuired
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, it is strange that even presenting indicators on the service panel, the vehicle is not indicating error codes but if so, it is likely that what is happening is a lack of maintenance in your Volvo.

Since your V70 is 2001, it is likely that you will need to carry out several deep maintenance in addition to filter replacements, such as injection and air intake maintenance. What I recommend is that you proceed to clean the injectors and check the fuel pump because is probably that the service light is on, in addition remove the throttle body and perform a good maintenance cleaning it.

Now, I think that the service light may also be on because the transmission has probably not been serviced in a long time, it is good if it is the case to replace the transmission fluid and the filter, do it as soon as possible.
I repeat that I find it strange that there are no error codes because usually these lights come on because the computer is receiving a code.

About the S80 model, the anti-skid light can turn on due to brake problems, especially surely you have a long time without performing the revision and maintenance of the brake pads, so here you should start by verifying the amount of life that the brake pads has and if possible replacing all 4. In addition to making a replacement of the brake fluid and bleeding the system.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.