sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a XC90 hybrid. Have had no trouble charging until

Customer Question

I have a XC90 hybrid. Have had no trouble charging until tonight. I plug in and all lights on the in line display panel turn red. I charged earlier today, same charging point, at home , no problem. Can you help please ?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On the cable box there is a max and min amp display and home and car lights.
JA: What year is your XC90?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing at the moment. I have returned home and the charging will not work. It just displays these red lights.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, this charging problems are usually related to misconfiguration problems with the charger mode.
Sometimes it is due to error codes caused by a misreading in the computer, problems with the scheduled charging or problems with the charger itself.
Most of the times a factory data reset throught a diagnostic tool with Volvo software sort out the problem.
Most unlikely ,but in case the problems is not sorted with the diagnostic tool we read the error codes and according to them we proceed to attack the fault.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** now.

It is my pleasure! I am glad all is sorted now!
All the best, Sebastian.