MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Ive recently had a clutch&flywheel replaced (at my local

Customer Question

Hi ive recently had a clutch&flywheel replaced (at my local volvo garage) as my clutch pedal was sticking
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: 79 500 not slipping BUT clutch pedal sticking
JA: What is the model of your '79 Volvo?
Customer: IT'S a late 65 plate xc60 Awd d4
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I've had clutch & flywheel replaced at my local volvo dealer
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES i was still having the same problem after the repair and since taken it back to be re-bled
Category: Volvo
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

I'm sorry that despite the repair you still have the same problems with your Volvo.

Did the workshop also renew the clutch cylinder in the gearbox? Because the pedal is still stuck despite the replacement of the clutch and multiple bleeding of the line, the problem must be on one of the two cylinders of the clutch.

Usually it is the clutch cylinder on the clutch itself that causes the problems. If this was not exchanged, it still has to be replaced. With most engines the cylinder is integrated in the release bearing. This then jams, which leads on the one hand to increased clutch wear and on the other hand to a jammed clutch pedal.

If the cylinder was replaced at the clutch, the workshop should look for the clutch pedal. Usually these have a return spring on the pedal. Sometimes the spring is simply broken and must be replaced. If the spring on the pedal is ok, the clutch cylinder on the clutch pedal should still be replaced. In rare cases this is internally defective and the pedal cannot be pushed back by the hydraulic pressure in the clutch line.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I've been told YES , what i term the THRUST BEARING has been replaced VOLVO call it slave cylindet and yes apparently the input shaft in which it sits can get rusty and this wax checked & cleaned
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

Ok, thrust bearing and slave cylinder are different names for the same component.

Since this has been renewed, the search has to be continued as described in my previous answer on the clutch pedal and the cylinder on the clutch pedal (master cylinder).

Unfortunately, I do not offer a telephone service, the money for this you will get back the next days.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok THANX did not realize there was a charge of a further £16 for a live call. However i have also noticed when pedal sticks my auto stop start does not function WHEN A.S.S is working pedal operates normally
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

That you didn't notice that the phone call costs money is not bad, I didn't accept it, you'll get the money back.

The only connection of the Start Stop system to the clutch is the clutch pedal transmitter on the clutch pedal. This is needed for the ASS system to detect whether the clutch is depressed or not. Therefore, it is necessary to start troubleshooting the clutch pedal mechanism .

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok THANX for that. My daughtet has xc60 2.0. and she has fault on instrument panel I'll ask WHAT this is and what she has done
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give a blanket answer to the problem with the instrument cluster. A workshop would have to do a test with a diagnostic tester. If this is ok, there is the possibility that it is a problem with the instrument cluster itself, which would then either have to be replaced or repaired by a specialist company.

You can easily find such companies via Google.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
We have taken this to volvo and their head office could not help( had never seen this code before) have also obtained a volvo diagnostic DELPHI&D5T5 Software
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

Ok, then the instrument cluster should be removed and sent to such a repair company. They can check the electrical system.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Sorry if im misleading you. The car has the problem not the ciuster. I'LL get further info
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.

Please excuse me for having misunderstood. If the fault is in the car it is impossible to answer the question remotely, there are many control units connected to the instrument cluster, it could be any control unit or the wiring harness.

I am sorry.

I am offline for some time now.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have codes p00bd68 & p00bc00
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.
As i already mentioned is a diagnosis from remote not possible here. I‘m sorry.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
OK THANX. I've learnt that p00bd68 code refers to LOW PRESSURE INLET MANIFOLD which goes on to give a drop-down of 20 possibilities with which we are at no 7( a case of elimination. No further info on other code
THANKYOU once again for your HELP
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 25 days ago.
You‘re welcome.