Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

My 2019 XC40 T4 serviced yesterday, apparently the rear

Customer Question

Good morning, My 2019 XC40 T4 serviced yesterday, apparently the rear brake pads are worn to 1mm and the discs damaged so need replacing. Car has done 22,000 miles in 2 years, service personnel blamed driving style, I suspect this may be due to the auto-handbrake not releasing properly. are you aware of this or similar issues being reported and is it worth trying to persuade Volvo or the dealer to contribute to the cost of replacement? Thanks
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: car is 2 years old on 30 April, total miles 22,000 of which only 8k covered in the last 12 months
JA: What is the model of your '19 Volvo?
Customer: AS shown, XC40 T4 Inscription Pro
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, dealer quoted £450 to repair so will look to local (reputable) garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, car was serviced in May 2020 when no defects reported..
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today strange the rear brake pads have worn out so fast as they only do 20% of the braking and £450 is a bit strong can i start with taking the REG number please.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Gavin, the registration is BG19 TZZ

Thank you give me a few minutes.

Branded aftermarket rear brake pads £65.99 rear brake discs £56.99 i think you need a second opinion try http://www.boschcarservice.com to see if you have any Bosch approved workshops in your area and let me know.

Have you had chance to look on that link i sent you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks.

No problem if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.