sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Volvo car. mechanics from an independent garage

Customer Question

I have a Volvo car.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: mechanics from an independent garage have attempted to determine fault but although it indicates 2 problems they
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: The faults are undisclosed. 2015 Volvo cx60
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as I said mechanics from an independent garage have not be able to access information codes as too nature of fault
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: i am not working on it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i need advise about the legalities when I choose not to use dealership
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer, I understand the problem that you  present when we have this kind of inconvenience is simply because the version of software being used is not adequate, this means that the diagnostic equipment cannot correctly read the code and cannot identify it.

This happens a lot for this type of problem, we have several diagnostic equipment with Volvo software, what we do is use other diagnostic equipment, for example if I am using a snap on brand diagnostic equipment such as pro tools, i try with a  the launch tool and do the diagnostic around here with a x431 Master.

My recommendation is that you do not limit yourself to a single garage, if in that garage they did not find the code, visit another nearby garage or ask them to try wit another diagnostic tool.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.