Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Regarding previous question re central locking ..have

regarding previous question re central locking ..have obtained replacement lock assy ..
have stripped out door card and looking to remove the door lock assy.
Looks like I need to drill out pop rivet holding window guide to allow the guide to be move allowing the lock assy to be dropped and removed.
The lock assy can then be re-fitted , the window guide then secured in place.
The opening cable disconnected and reconnected during the removal and replacement while the assy is being moved.
Any advice or alternative method would be appreciated.
I am going to try releasing the lock assy from the door to see if it drop out relatively simply.
Regards ..Duncan

Hi Duncan

Yes you have the process correct, I am sure I have replaced these without removing the window channel but it can be a bit fiddly, so removing the channel fixings does make it easier.

ensure when you re-fit the window guides you have the correct size pop rivets as any smaller ones will allow the channel to move slightly, Also when you pop rivet the channel back into place do it with the window down so you can ensure the channel is in the correct position. There is a little bit of leeway.

Most important don't forget to refit the cable, I have seen these put back together only to find the cable was not put in place when it was easily accessible.

I hope this answers your question, and I hope all goes well but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve