sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I HAVE A V90 AND THE INTERNAL ALARM CAME ON AND WON'T GO

Customer Question

I HAVE A V90 AND THE INTERNAL ALARM CAME ON AND WON'T GO OFF
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: NO I WILL GO AND TRY THAT.
JA: What year is your V90?
Customer: NO LOCK FOR KEY. 2018 MODEL
JA: Are you fixing your V90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO IDEA WHAT TO DO
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do I stop the internal alarm going off

Dear customer, I would like to know well what the alarm is, it would be good if you attach a video to me, you can upload it through the platform or YouTube and share the link with me.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please phone me on 07966 460530 as I have paid the 16pds

Dear customer, at the moment I can't phone you, but we can continue through the chat and the call payment will be refunded soon

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, what seems to me about your query is that the key fob has lost the configuration with the vehicle, so it is not recognized and it continues to go off the alarm constantly.
My recommendation is that you reprogram the key and key fob with the vehicle again.

There are auto locksmith garages or technicians that can go to your location and can do this type of work, at worst it can be an alarm problem but to solve it, we would need to perform a diagnosis and check how the alarm module is working because the car is 2018 and these alarm systems well integrated into the computer and can't longer be disconnected as is the older models.

If you do not want the alarm to go off, before a technician check it out,  disconnect the battery is the only way to stop this.