Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I drive a VW polo and a safe cp code has come up on the dash

I drive a VW polo and a safe cp code has come up on the dash disabling my media services. Is the car still safe to drive until I get it MOT’d this week?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: along the front of the radio it says ‘component protection active’ and across my dash it says ‘SAFE CP’ the internal dash lights are flashing. I am unsure how to reset.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: It is Volkswagen Polo 2018
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today is the drivability of the vehicle still fine.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yeah everything is fine there are just a lot of lights showing

Could you send me an image of the warning lights please.

How do I send a photo or file to the Expert?

There are a few ways to send a photo or file to your Expert. When posting your question, there is an option to add photos and files.

If you already posted your question and still need to share photos or files, click the upload icon on the reply box in your question.

A pop-up window will open. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open.

A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to the Expert.

To send a photo or file, it must be 5MB or less and in one of the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPEG, ZIP, RAR, PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, DOCX, XLSX, SWF, FLV, WMV. If your photo or file is larger than 5MB, please resize it or send it to customer support at *****@******.***.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dash
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Radio

Wow you have a full house of warning lights it will be ok to drive but it will need to go on diagnostics.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** fix this during upcoming MOT?

Depends on the garage skill level have you got any Bosch approved independents near you http://www.boschcarservice.com have a look and let me know.