sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2011 volvo s60 has gone into limp mode won't go past 20

Customer Question

My 2011 volvo s60 has gone into limp mode won't go past 20 mile an he
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had it at a mechanic getting rear shocks fixed and when it came back it wouldn't go past 20 miles an hr .he thinks it's something electrical and he's not good at electrics
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: When girlfriend went out to drive it it just had no power and then when she got back and tried to get in car it wouldn't open .I managed to get in and held unlock button down for a min and then thankfully power came back on .but it's now in limp mode
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It revs OK in first but as soon as get reachs 20 mile an hr it won't go past no matter what gear your in
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Sebastian hope you be able to help
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just message be fine thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Have you any idea what problem may be .don't want spend xtra money on call thanks

.

Dear customer, did you repair the shock absorbers in a local garage or in a specialized garage? Because when doing this kind of work you have to do a data reset through a diagnostic equipment with Volvo software, if you don't do it may result in these limp modes as the computer detects error codes that can be dangerous for the vehicle operation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Was just a local guy I would use .I don't think he had the data reset equipment with volvo
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
you recon I'd be better taking it to a different mechanic that can put it on the computer
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I've took it down to diff mechanic to get put on computer thanks
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear client, indeed the ideal is to restore the code, I emphasize that it is not necessary to go to a dealership, but if it is necessary to use an adequate diagnostic tool, many independent garages have multi-brand equipments that can help you with.