Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a c30 2010 face lift stop/ start not working does it

Hi I have a c30 2010 face lift stop/ start not working does it have an auxiliary battery, if so where.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: i have a 2010 C30 face lift (UK) stop/start not working does it have an auxiliary battery, if so where.
JA: Are you fixing your C30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven’t tried anything yet I’m just trying to figure out possible causes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don’t think so, thank you

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Kevin my name is Ian

Hi, Ian, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you're having start-stop issues and understand how frustrating this issue can be. Can I please take the vehicle identification number?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don’t want to receive a call

ignore the call request it's automatically offered and not from me. Did you get my reply?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
SP10 HXX

Thanks let me just look up your vehicle and see what's fitted, il be a few minutes.

ok yes, the car is fitted with an auxiliary support battery. The part number is 31296300. It's located as shown in the picture tucked in behind the bumper.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks Kevin I have a sneaky suspicion it’s not in the best of health

Yeah, they typically fail at around the 6-7 year mark so you are most likely on the money with that one. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!