Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Engine service required yellow triangle warning, car has

Engine service required yellow triangle warning, car has gone in to limp mode and black smoke appearing, car has full service history 2009 XC90 d5 awd. Thanks
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I don’t unfortunately
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I usually use Volvo garage and it’s 2weeks before they can take a look, just wondered if a local garage can do the work
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s fine

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Paul

Hi, Paul, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing running issues with your Volvo and I totally understand how frustrating and worrying this can be. The issues you are experiencing suggest that there is an air leak in the intake system causing the engine to over fuel. The most common cause is a split boost pipe or a split intercooler. Most garages will be able to look and rectify this issue rather than the two-week wait for the dealership

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s what I have read kevin, and you have confirmed this might be the case and any local garage should be able to sort the problem. Hopefully that’s all it is, cheers
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is it safe to drive a short distance to a garage if this is the problem

yes you can drive a short distance to the garage. Your very welcome Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help