Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

On dash board message say, radar blocked so how to you

On dash board message say
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: radar blocked so how to you access radar to clean it
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: Volvo S60 2011
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well not much as not sure where the radar is. It says on Volvo manual it’s at the front grill but how do you clean it if is behind the grill ..
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don’t think so thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s been going on a few months now
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
N
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Need to how to Get access to clean the radar
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi my name is Marian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I prefer to type and not phone thank you
Hi Marian I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your having issues with the radar system, I totally understand how frustrating this type of issue can be . The radar unit is indeed located behind the grill, I would not recommend cleaning the face of the radar as this won’t rectify the issue . If there is nothing stuck to the front of the car like debris pickup up within the road, then the system will require calibration because it’s likely it’s out of alignment
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks but you I cant get at it. Do I have to take the grill off
which I why I’m 100 % sure it won’t need cleaning because no dirt can get on it . Calibration unfortunately requires specialist equipment
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you .
Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok much appreciated
I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day