sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Got a whir whir noise on my d5 xc60 around 30 to 40 mph

Customer Question

Got a whir whir noise on my d5 xc60 around 30 to 40 mph increases with speed any ideas
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 months or so getting louder not sure front or rear offside
JA: What year is your XC60?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Could it be a thre problem
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am sorry that you are experiencing this type of noise, do not worry it is very likely that it is simply wear in one of the bearings of one of the wheels, and your model is year 2016 so it is normal that within these 5 years are already generating this type of wear and should be verified these bearings.

It may also be that the tyres are unbalanced if you have a long time without balancing the tyres is a good time to do it because this can cross vibrations and noises.

Is there anything else I can help you with?