Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 18+ years - master tech. 20+ years, SAE member
30385560

I have just brought a volvo xc70 with a suspected ads sensor

Customer Question

I have just brought a volvo xc70 with a suspected ads sensor fault I have changed the sensor but it hasn't
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I have a few warnings come up.
JA: What year is your XC70?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2004
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Abs/anti skid warning Park assistant warning
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
If you get prompted for a Premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
May I know with whom I'm speaking now?

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Having already replaced the sensor, the other causes might be the tone wheel on which the sensor reads, faulty wiring from the sensor to the ABS control unit or even a faulty control unit.

To diagnose this properly, we need to connect diagnostic equipment in order to read the fault codes in the ABS module.

Having the codes, I will be able to explain their meaning, what to check and how to check, in order to confirm the fault and replace/fix as needed.