sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Volvo s60 has a fault the ns wing mirror and windows and

Customer Question

Hi my Volvo s60 has a fault the ns wing mirror and windows and door lock have stopped working, cant open doors,
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your S60?
Customer: 11plate
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've run a dionostic but it's clear not cant fix myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems, I would like to know if you have checked the fuses and main battery connections on your volvo.

Also, I would like to know if you have not replaced the main battery in your volvo for a long time.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No i havnt replaced battery in 5 years.

Dear customer, I asked you the question regarding the battery because these Volvo models need a proper electrical voltage to work properly, when a battery has a long time of use the load cells are damaged which causes the electrical voltage is not adequate, 5 years of use for a battery is too much, There is a strong possibility that your problems are coming from the battery, so my recommendation is to start by replacing it, also check the condition of the battery connections as they may be sulphated and lastly to check the fuses.

It is possible that to replace the battery you may need to do a data reset via Volvo software.

Is there anything else I can help you with

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.