sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’ve got a Volvo v40 d2 and when I apply the brake pedal

Customer Question

Hi there I’ve got a Volvo v40 d2 and when I apply the brake pedal slightly the brakes grab on badly
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 60,000 brakes don’t think they will be original brakes
JA: Are you fixing your V40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I’m a motor mechanic it comes up with brake pressure boost fault
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer this problem is usually due to a broken hose or damaged brake lines, it is also possible that the brake caliper or pressure cylinder on the drum brake is leaking. Now if the brake warning light is not on, it does not mean that you do not have a leakage problem. What have you checked so far?

Dear customer as I have told you before, this problem is usually due to a broken brake hose or damage to the brake lines, it is also possible that the brake caliper or drum brake pressure cylinder is leaking. Now, if the brake warning light is not on, it does not mean that you do not have a leak. Now, if the brake warning light is not on, it does not mean that you do not have a leakage problem, that is, you should not rule it out, the best thing to do is to comment the exact error codes that you may be getting with me to have a better picture and tell me what you have checked, I will keep an eye on your problem.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.