sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Auxiliary belt broke and frayed around crank bully throwing

Customer Question

Auxiliary belt broke and frayed around crank bully throwing the timing out on my 2007 volvo V70 2.4 diesel have stripped it all down and replaced with new belts the car starts but very little acceleration is this the timing out by 180?
JA: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?
Customer: Yes have just replaced both belts water pump and tension pulley.
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All is back together the car starts and runs but very little acceleration.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer it is likely that you are out of sync, did you check that the markings match?

Dear customer, the problem you presented probably caused your car to lose synchronisation, this does not always happen but it can interfere with the timing belt, you have to evaluate that this was not your case, if this is not what happened, then you will simply have to replace the belt and tensioners.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.